Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Da Cunnin Plan


So you have to ask the question, why are you building this army?

So I'm sitting at the BP after Astro Winnipeg 2010 chatting with the other players and checking my score as I always do after a tournament and realizing that I did alot better than I expected.
So I look at my overall score to see what I could improve and realize that my appearance score is much lower than the average in the top ten.
As I review my army to see what I can improve I realize my problem. The majority of my army is now 10 years old and painted and model to a much lower standard than I am capable of now. I look at my hoard of blimp riding Orks and lately I'm dissapointed with them because I have learned so much since I built the first ones. I even had comments from the judges during the tournament that my newer figs are much higher quality than before. So of course now I've resigned myself to the thought of building a completely new army from scratch.

I thought about changing things up and playing a new army but Orks really are my army. I love to play them, I love that I can get away with so much for conversions. I just find them so much fun, and they're never boring.
Besides I don't want to play marines again, hoard armies like guard and nids aren't my style. I can't play Eldar and Tau because I don't want to do the same thing as the rest in my gaming group. Necrons need a new codex before I'd consider it and I already have a non-competitive chaos army. Anything I didn't list I don't find interesting enough to even mention.

So the cunnin plan isn't a new army so much as a serious facelift to my existing army. Which I'm ok with.

So Da Rulez:
1. Everything must fit into one case, my current rendition of the army isn't portable enough to travel and I need to fix that. I would love to try going to tournaments outside of Winnipeg like Astro Vancouver or Toronto but as it stands its too much of a logistical nightmare.
2. No stock figs, everything needs to be converted
3. Everything needs to be painted at my current standard or better. No fig in the army should be more than 2 years old. Everything I painted for Astro 2010 can be used, everything else must be flushed and replaced.
4. No two units should be the same, every fig should be unique in some way.
5. I need to build units that I've never tried before.
6. I also need a fresh armylist and display board to go with the army and the theme

So by my count I need 4-6 new trukks, 1-3 looted wagons, 60 odd boyz and whatever else I feel like building. I'd better get cracking...

No comments:

Post a Comment