Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Astro Winnipeg Pre-Action Report

First and foremost I apologize for the delay on posts pre and post Astro. Reality dictates that just prior to a con one has no time to do anything but paint like a mad man!
2 Weeks prior I was in a panic because I couldn't figure out how to get the blimp models to work. After 4 separate attempts with different techniques I eventually just gave up. No matter what I did the result always looked like crap and with something as critical to the appearance of the army as those blimps it was important that I pulled it off. Eventually I just gave up and decided to run the army without them...



But then on the friday evening the lightblub came on! 

Everything else in the army at this point was a helicopter, so why not just build more rotors? At least that was something I knew how to build and could get it done on time. So there I was slaving away until 3am on the friday night... with my Cat staring at me wondering when the hell I was going to go to bed. Eventually though I prevailed and had built enough rotors for the whole lot.







I even built some slick 2 and 3 bladed ones for my wartrakks.

Unfortunately I couldn't get the Havork done and I had to go with my plan B, which was to use my plane. The Sat prior I was faced with the hard decision of either staying up till 3am every night that week to finish the Havork or write it off until the following con and spend my time making everything else in the army prettier. Ultimately I decided on the latter as I was also worried about giving myself a burnout just before the con.

I painted my ass off until the Thursday night and to my amazement I was done :)
Just in time to go help the organizers setup.


But the greatest feeling of all is finally getting to see my painting desk completely empty :)


No comments:

Post a Comment