Monday, February 28, 2011

Progress Report #5

As last week wound down I realized that February was almost done leaving me with only 2 months before the tournament. Of course I don't have a drop of fresh paint on any figs yet but I'm making great progress in my conversions. So my goal for the weekend became to make sure that every project is on the go, progress was made on everything and at least 1 unit had to be ready for paint by March 1. I put in a good 8 hours (while watching tv) on Saturday and more than exceeded my goals.
Still waiting for a bitz shipment. I got a tracking number but for over a week and a half it's just said "received" and looks like it hasn't moved. Leading me to believe that some US postal worker is sitting on a chair staring at it trying to get up the courage to put it on the truck. Next time I'll order my bitz from Germany, there post office is efficient. With standard shipping from Germany I always get my stuff within the week, now that's service!

I've added the resin sand product to the bases of a couple squads and their trukks. The effect turned out pretty good and more importantly they are ready for primer.
I also borrowed a trick from a friend and drilled out the barrels with a pin vise. It's surprising how much of a visual difference it makes.
Ignore the painted guy in the background he doesn't count.
Why yes, that is the base hull for a Chinook helicopter. Not like you really good have guessed but at least it's progressing. Considering that was a sheet of plasticard Sat morning I think I'm doing pretty well.. I'm hoping to have the basic shape of the hull together by the time the rest of my bitz arrive which is hopefully next week.
I have the lower half of my 4 wartrukks together. I built an upper rail for one. Stared at it for a few days, decided I hated it. Tore it off. Now back to square one. This isn't a big deal though, I'd rather waste a bit of time to do a good job then hate it. From experience I know once I figure it out I'll have a project like this done within the afternoon.
Huey is on its base. I didn't break it, the upper hull was never glued on. I can't until the krew arrives anyway. I've attached the rotors, finished the tail and 99% of the armor. I say 99 because I might add a detail or two yet. I have a chin turret for it as well that I'm finishing up and a grot bomb launch rail that I built, turned out badly and scrapped so I have to start over. But that's not alot of effort.
There's the panoramic shot for now. All 4 trukks are close to done, most of the boyz are too. I'm at the point now where I can reasonably sit down with most of the projects individually for a couple hours and get it done. My goal is to have 50% of the stuff ready for paint by this weekend. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment