Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Dealing with Writers block

Well I've hit a wall with the trukk conversions. I guess you could say I have the modelers take on Writers block.
The inspiration just isn't flowing anymore. This happens to me all the time and its usually a sign that I've put to much energy into one fig and I need a break. So on the shelf they go, and down comes something else.



I've switched gears and started doing the more mundane work of building generic boyz. Aside from some choice arms and cool positioning there isn't much going on here. Once the bitz arrive next week I'll be able to make them more interesting but for now I figured I'd get the boring parts done while my brain is off.
I also started building some Nobz. I'm not much of a fan of using a ton of Nobz as power Klaw caddies. Instead I like having a couple random nobz here and there for character with the occasional klaw for hitting power. I originally thought of using the pre-mades that I got from the starter but that would be lazy of me and BLEGH they're not that good looking. I was also horrified by my attempt to scratch build one out of the badly scaled parts in the normal boyz box. So I decided to take the bitz I liked best from both and hack them together to make a couple unique nobz.


Here's my first attempt, you can kinda see that he's quite a bit bigger than a normal boy which I like. I have another one on the go as well with a more generic load out of slugga and choppa. Maybe he'll get a bosspole, maybe he'll get an ammo runt I don't know yet. Whatever looks cool works for me.
Some people might be thinking "What the hell is he thinking taking a nob without any wargear!?" and my answer is "He's cheap" 10 points to give a guy 2 wounds and strength 4 (5 on the charge) isn't bad at all. Now if only he'd bump up the leadership value of the squad... Not that I'm bitter.

Here's the parts for my 'not-so ultra secret' new Warboss project. Originally I didn't want to build a new Warboss but after I saw the plastic fig I got inspired. But he's gonna needz lotsa workz.
I've been grabbing a bit here and there for about a week now and I've almost got everything together. I don't have all the details yet (I make alot of it up as I go along) but I can say there will be alot of putty work involved.




I've been wanting to work on on my gunwagons a bit too. I'm planning on 4 to start with, but I'm making detailed plans so I can make more if required. So far my prototype consists of 1 half built driver some sketches and a stick of tubing. I should have added my credit card to the picture to represent bitz yet to arrive...

No comments:

Post a Comment