Sunday, January 23, 2011

Progress Report #2

I managed to get some decent progress this weekend. I assembled a bunch of orks, some complete, some not. I also worked a bit on the trukks and finalized the sketches for my gun wagons. The plan for now is to get a bunch of stuff ready for the bitz order. I should be able to grind a bit to get some good progress on the gun trukks this week and I'll be able to move quickly once my next bitz order arrives which will likely be early next week.

 I started off by building the front ends for my gunwagons. I had to use putty to get the curved tops I was looking for. I know it looks rough in the image but it isn't finished yet. I also built most of the interiors including the dash, pedals and attaching the seat. You can see the pipe outline for the windshield, I've since broken it off in preference for an angle one.
My weekends assembly accounted for 16 roughed out Orks. They're just random boyz for the time being. Once I get another dozen or so built I'll take out any that didn't work out as planned and begin sorting them out into squads. Then its just a matter of building enough to fill in the gaps.
Here's a few examples of the backpacks I'm building. I'm going for a paratroopa feel for the boyz to go with the balloons. I ordered a bunch of pre-made backpacks from the Imperial guard sprues to speed things up but I still want a fairly large percentage of custom built ones.
As you can see not all the backpacks are practical. I imagine some Orks will go out with ammo, food and important stuff while others can just as easily jump with a back pack full of pots, pans and scrap metal, just because he doesn't want to feel left out.

Lastly I've been working on the trukk boxes. This is just a rough in, I plan on building out a wheel well and round the edges a bit but you'll just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment