Monday, January 31, 2011

Progress Report #3

I've been working at a steady pace for the past week to get a few things together. I built a prototype 1500 point army list for Astronomi-con and its really helped me to get focused on which projects are important but once again I find myself with 8 million projects on the go with nothing finished. I'm at the stage where I'm working on parts for conversions that are tedious and slow, but the pay off is big as its all detail. I'm hoping to be able to say that I have 2-3 units done and ready for paint by the end of next week. If I'm lucky I'll have more.


Warboss is moving at a faster pace than anticipated (considering I started him yesterday) despite all the work involved. So far I've repositioned the power klaw arm, torn off his back and head and built a completely new right arm out of a biker nob, 2 regular nobz and some putty. The shaft and axe alone is 5 parts with a huge pin through it all (why do I do this to myself!) Putty work will continue for at least a week courtesy of the 24 hour drying time. But I think I can pull off the concept drawing. I'll post a side by side when I'm done.




The Warbuggies currently consist of 4 basic frames made of tubing, a single driver without arms and a sketch. I know exactly what I need to make next and I have the appropriate tubing....
Trouble is I need my bitz to arrive to get the exact sizing for the engine and Krew. Should arrive sometime this week.







I attached my trukks to there bases and attached various parts together to say I made progress on them. Still quite a few things I need to sort out on them though bitz wise. I'm trying some alternate products on the styrofoam for the blimps right now. Hopefully I'll have some useable results and I can get this project seriously moving again.
I have 2 more waiting in box...






I built this nob while glue was drying on the Warboss. like the other one I hacked a one piece nob in half and used a different torso and random bitz. All I need to do to finish him is make his arms. Not really a priority seeing as how he's not in the prototype list, just keeping him on standby.





There's a big wave of boyz sitting on my painting desk waiting for the bitz to arrive. The ones in the back with some colour on them are my 8 kommandos that I'm donating to the cause. They're going to be re-purposed as general boyz because they were essentially the prototypes for my current generation of boyz and the paint work only needs mild improvement. That and kommandos suck in my list and I don't plan on using them as such ever again. ;)



My gunwagons have been shelved for the time being. Once I get a bit of inspiration back for them I'll finish them up.






Speaking of getting my inspiration back, I've pulled the 'heavy trukk' out of my bitz box. I was going to abandon this one due to lack of interest but this morning I had one of my flashes of brilliance.
I was trying to figure out how to make my latest trukk idea from scratch and realized that the heavy trukk is quite literally perfect for my current evil plan.
I just hacked off a few pieces here and there and now I'm well on my way!
I'll update you on this one when some more work is done on it. Hopefully later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment