Sunday, January 9, 2011

Tools of the Trade

I've had a couple people (ok one person) ask me what tools I prefer to work with when scratch building.

My tool kit is actually fairly straight forward for the most part.

From Top left
Nylon Eraser
Superglue
Mechanical Pencil
Ruler
Exacto Knife
Needle nose plyers
A set of miniature files
Sculpting tool
Clippers
and behind everything is a drafters circle gauge






I also use graph paper for sketching out parts and ideas and a handful of power tools.
I have a disc Sander, bandsaw and a drill press I use on occasion but there really just to speed things up.

Everything you see is used exactly as you'd imagine. To all those people who say they can't build vehicles like this from scratch I say sure you can! It's actually alot easier then you would think.


Maybe I should start posting some videos?

No comments:

Post a Comment